Saturday 17 July 2010

'The Mead Tea Gardens' An Enchanting Historical Site

'The Mead Tea Gardens'



This is a wonderful nostalgic (historical) site that I stumbled upon by accident (Isn't the Internet a truly wonderful thing?). It kept me spellbound for ages and I so wanted to share it with you. Do take a peek. I so want to go there now!




The eight pink cherries at their peak in 1980s. Planted in 
September 1937
The eight pink cherries at their peak in the 1980s. Planted in September 1937
by Evelyn on buying the Mead with its Tea Gardens, five acre market garden and cottages
.
Another seven were planted around the new Tea Garden when Evelyn had the pavilion moved,
in 1947, from the house garden down to its 'Wind in the Willows' setting beside St. Catherine's Brook.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.