Monday 5 July 2010

National Quilt Championships - Sandown 2010


A lovely piece by Stephanie Parker from Cornwall. A truly stunning work of art!
Rightly deserving the rosette (not sure of the title or which rosette it was awarded - sorry).



Herd Mentality.
By Ferret at Ferret Fabrications.
Awarded First Place in Computer Aided Design.


I recently visited The National Quilt Championships at Sandown Park, UK. It was a lovely event and I came away realizing that I am a real beginner who has a long way to go. The two quilts above really shone out as inspirational.

The first by Stephanie Parker of Cornwall was a huge wall hanging with eyes that seemed to follow you around the room. I just loved the composition and the colourings.

The second, the herd of cows, was huge and a tremendous work of art by long arm quilter and artist Ferret at Ferret Fabrications.


http://ferfab.blogspot.com/

Do look at her site and be inspired. These two quilts, in particular, really made me re-assess -


JUST WHAT IS ART?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.