Wednesday 7 July 2010

Quilted Wall Hanging

'Facing Circles' by Oh This Nose!



I came across this unusual black wall hanging on Etsy and really fell in love with it. The colours are so vibrant and the decoration of beads and embroidery really inspired me to try and come up with something similar as a gift for a friend. See the listing here:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/10213586/facing-circles .

I decided to use it for inspiration and am now in the process of making one of my own in paler tones. I am not particularly artistic and find this a wonderful way of producing my own quilting by being inspired by others. I should love to credit the artist but her profile on Etsy gives no clues to her name. She is based in Eugene, Oregon, USA, and produces some really lovely pieces. This one costs 200$

My homage to 'Facing Circles' is being made using the paler peach, green and turquoise tones of 'Chez Moi' fabric by Moda Fabrics. I love these fabrics but have difficulty tracking them down as they only sell directly to the trade. Luckily I had these as a gift from a very dear friend.

http://www.unitednotions.com/un_main.nsf main?openpage

I am in the process of decorating each of the squares with embroidery and beads and buttons and have quilted each square individually directly onto the wadding. My aim is for a wall hanging of around one metre square. I haven't yet decided upon the edging and backing colours and would be happy for some suggestions from the more artistic among you as to how to finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.