Monday 13 September 2010

The Aviary Gate By Katie Hickman

A Good Read

I have just read this wonderful book by Katie Hickman and felt that I ought to share it with you. It took me to magical places inside a Sixteenth Century harem and totally engrossed me from beginning to end.


The Aviary Gate By Katie Hickman

The book has a lovely dreamy quality to it and I could particularly picture the sumptuous fabrics and costumes and jewelery as they were so expertly described. The following picture exactly captures my idea of  the scenes inside a Contantinople harem ... and most exciting of all ... the book is based on a true story and the historical content in it is totally fascinating.



The Harem

Do read it if you can find a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.