Friday 15 April 2016

Wisley Gardens In Spring (Part Two)



A Dry Day At RHS Wisley Gardens

It was so wet last week that on my previous visit I was unable to take outdoor photos of these lovely gardens. So yesterday, as it was so sunny, I visited again and did a **six mile walk** through the gardens and took a few more photos.


















































There are acres of colourful gardens full of bedding plants - I avoided these and went to the rather more wild areas where there is a river and a bird hide and less of the 'in your face' colour. I particularly like the pinetum and the riverside walk where there are lots of open areas and delicious smells from the newly budding blooms and blossoms. The glass houses are also most appealing.







**
Since my illness I have been wearing a Jawbone UP to encourage me to get fit. I go to the gym each morning and do two miles on a running/fast walking machine, (at 7.30am), and later in the day take a walk - I try to get a total of 5 - 10 miles a day. (I am still overweight - but feel much fitter). I really like this device, and in particular find that the buzzer, which sounds whenever there is 30 minutes of inactivity, is really a good reminder to stop being lazy.

4 comments:

  1. Fab gardens and what a clever device. I may need one in a few months time :-)
    doyleajackie AT gmail DOT com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a lovely time at the gardens. Your six mile walk was surely a beautiful one. The indoor houses do look fun and fabulous. They're always a favorite of mine over here too with all of the exotics. I'm glad you're feeling fit and enjoying life so much. I enjoyed the beautiful garden tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wisley is better when it isn't raining! I'm very impressed with the six miles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wisley is on my list of places to visit, it looks lovely. great photos.

    ReplyDelete

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.